If Windows Vista is not starting on your pc, there are many tools you can use to fix the problem. There is a nice tool called WinRE (Windows Repair Environment… including Startup repair. [Startup Repair is a tool that automates diagnostic and repair tasks of unbootable Windows Vista installations] ). Windows Error Recovery starts and runs automatically upon boot, startup Repair can be launched as a manual recovery tool from a DVD, (Start WinRE by booting to Vista OS Backup Media DVD)
Startup Repair will try to repair computers that are unbootable because of the following reasons:
• Registry corruption
• Missing or damaged system and driver files
• Disk metadata corruption (MBR, partition table, and boot sector)
• File system metadata corruption
• Installation of problematic or incompatible drivers
• Installation of incompatible Windows service packs and patches
• Corrupt boot configuration data
• Bad memory and hard disk hardware (detection only)
When starting from a CD/DVD or the F8 (Advanced Boot Options – Repair your computer) you can manually launch Startup Repair and other recovery tools.
Lets say you have NTOSKRNL.exe is missing or corrupt flagged.
1. Start Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
2. During Startup Repair, at the Do you want to restore your computer using System Restore? message, click Cancel.
3. Computer restarts, Startup Repair runs again for a total of three times.
4. At the Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically screen, click Don’t send.
5. In Windows cannot repair the computer automatically screen, click View advanced options for system recovery and support.
6. At System Recovery Options, click Command Prompt.
7. At the Command Prompt, type C:, and press ENTER.
Tags for the article:
- windows vista not starting,vista not starting,windows vista will not start,vista will not start,Vista not start,windows vista not working,windows vista is not starting,vista is not starting,vista not starting properly,windows not starting vista