After Jailbreak, iPhone’s default password for SSH is alpine. If you accidentally changed SSH root password to something else and want to reset iPhone’s root password back to alpine then follow the steps below. I am adding tutorial for both Windows pc and iDevice. If you have any question plz let me know thanks.
Reset iPhone root password Using Pc
1. At first download iTools From
http://itools.hk/tscms/ connect your iPhone / iPod using usb port and open it. .
2. Now open iTools Click on Filesystem > Filesystem(jailbreaked) and go to /private /etc directory. Look for master.passwd . Then copy the file to pc and edit that file with text viewer. Look at the Picture below:
3. Search for root:/ and change that to
4. Now save it and Respring Your iPhone or iPod. It will reset your iDevice password back to alpine.
Tags for the article:
- Password For Facebook Private Picture Viewer txt